This is great. Thanks for setting up a way for us to communicate without causing anyone grief. Also thanks for the defrag program for my laptop, and for the lunch! Frank and I enjoyed it.
Lunch was good and we enjoyed it. Defrag has helped my computer because now it runs much faster! DO his computer? What do you mean? He never got a registry cleaner so he still has the original defrag program that came with his laptop.
If there is one thing I have learned it is that if it is not broken you don't fix it. I'll use the new defrag on my computer and he can use what he already has on his. No sense in fixing what is not broken!
I had to set up a 'blog spot' too so that I could leave a comment here. Once I actually find out what my name or 'thingie' (yes, that's the technical term) is I shall post it for you!
I am off for another Sunday of going to Mommy-In-Laws so we can trim her hedge and clean her gutters. Can't you just picture me now up a ladder reaching for some leaves? ....... CRASH! Not to worry though, I'll call from the ER, LMAO.
Hope the job search isn't too frustrating. I know Ger and I are both fed up with it. He did a road test for Weston's last week, and is going to follow-up call them tomorrow to see if he got it or not. Fingers crossed please.
OK, in my possession is the money, plus a CD and a memory card. The card has pictures of a little boy as does the CD. Wendy felt you might want these back. Let me know what we shall do to get this stuff to you! Have a great day.
I did try to call Miss'a this afternoon, but got no answer. Lynda and I did two job fairs yesterday, and went to one of the agencies this morning. Since they are for general labor, Lynda got a job right away - car parts repacking a mile or two from home, and back on afternoon shift!
Ger's surgery went well. He is still tender, but much improved. He had a minor infection on the one side, but it cleared up without any medication. I'm a fantastic nurse.
How is the job search going for you? I know we are getting pretty frustrated. Although, there is talk on the horizon that CAMI will be calling back in October, so please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Hope everything is going well on your end. I think about you all the time. Hope to see you soon.
Gerry got a job today, and accepted it. He was actually debating between two. One would pay him more, but the one he ended up taking offers 40 hr/week minimum with promise of overtime, and the other offered almost 40 hours with weeks of layoff in between.
I hope something comes along soon for you. I know it's hard to be out of work. You must be feeling pretty claustrophobic by now. I know Ger was. 7 months out of work, he was getting cranky, LOL.
Bubbles is a nickname I earned as a baby that has managed to stick with me through the years. Fun, eh?
Ger had a lot of dead end "leads" as well. He was so frustrated. I hope you find something soon.
I had a really good interview on Friday. I'm really hoping I get this position. It's an Administrative position at a Pilates studio, so I would get to take the classes for free and maybe re-discover my old body again! :)
I took Keni to the trailer, got back home on Wednesday. We had fun but it rained every damned day we were there, so we did a lot of crafts. The big news was that I got a chance to let her ride a pony, which she LOVED! Anyways, Frank and I get our vacation on the 9th and will be gone until the 22nd. I guess our annual birthday lunch will have to wait until I get back from up north.
By the way, Tanya DID get the job at the Pilates studio.
So here I am in Midland. I did some tourist stuff - sailing in the steam boat in Gravenhurst with my friend, Tony, Wednesday, and doing a museum in Penetang I hadn't done before today. Saturday there's a big antique car event in Orillia, so I may do that.
I have some news. Mom and Frank went on vacation to the trailer. On Saturday they decided to go horse back riding. My Mom's horse got spooked when he saw another person and threw her off, and then landed on her. She has 6 cracked ribs and her pelvis is broken on both sides. When I spoke with Frank she was being air lifted from Owen Sound hosptial to London. I will be going with Frank first thing in the morning to the hospital and spending the day there. As soon as I get home I will let you know what is happening. They have to reassess her in London to see if they are going to do surgery or not. Please pray for her. We all know she does not heal well! Thank you, Tanya
Update! She is in Victoria hospital, and is currently in the ER waiting for a bed to open upstairs. She is hopped up on Morphine, and apparently also has a broken back. Frank and I are headed down there very soon. I am very worried, and tried to call the hospital to get the full extent of her injuries, but they told me I would have to talk to her. Then they said they had just given her some Morphine, so I told them to let her rest. I will keep you posted as I know anything. Please send me a text to my cell phone (1-519-841-7564) to let me know if it's ok to text you or not. Thanks, Tanya
I just got home from the hospital, and am trying to update everyone. She has 2 broken ribs, her pelvis is broken in 4 places, and she's broken her L5 and L6 vertabrae.
Apparently what happened was they were on a horseback ride, and Mom's horse saw a pedestrian and got spooked out. It started turning in circle's quickly and bucked her off. It then lost it's balance and fell onto her (the horse weighed in at almost 1,000 pds). It then got up and tried to move and fell onto her again, only this time it rolled bum over head across her whole body.
We are so lucky that she wasn't killed or injured more. She really had some special angels watching over her.
I wrote down on a book all of the kind words and messages from everyone. She is so glad to hear from everyone.
For now she is in the Critical Care and Trauma Unit of Victoria Hospital in London. Because she lives in Mississauga, they will transfer her there once she is more stable.
I really do pray that she can make a speedy recover. They are still unsure if they can repair this with surgery.
I am my Mom's Power of Attourney, so I will be speaking with the Dr tomorrow. I want to know everything that is happening before any decisions are made. She had to tell them today if she wanted to be given heroic measures should her heart stop. That was very hard to discuss and answer.
Again, thank you so much. I really do appreciated everything.
Don't tell your mother right now, but I did tell Lynda about the accident, so that she isn't wondering why I'm checking messages steadily.
You don't mention any temporary paralysis. Is she moving her toes alright?
And I have to put my car in the garage for a couple of days this week, so I can't come out straightaway. I had to limp home Sunday afternoon down Hwy 11 rather than the 400. My clutch needs replacing.
No, there is no paralysis. She can move her left leg, and both sets of toes all on her own. Due to the pelvic breaks and fractures, she cannot move her right leg on her own.
When Frank and I got to the hospital we were shocked and amazed to find her sitting up in a wheelchair. She lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes, which is such an amazing accomplishment! She had a LOT of help getting in and out of the bed. They all but do it for her. She can't really move to much on her own. That was the only time she was up today. Frank and I have become experts at getting her lifted and getting a bed pan under her! We have it down to a science!
Frank and I respectfully ask that everyone refrain from sending flowers, visiting, and phoning Mom until further notice. She is having a hard time adjusting to her new situation, and she is still pretty out of it due to the pain medication. I had them take her off the Morphine last night when she started talking to a spider, puppy and garden gnome! She is now taking percacets and advil. She still get's kinda loopy, but at least isn't hallucinating!
I will do my best to keep you aprised of her current conditions. It's hard to get to everyone, but I am doing my best.
I'm sorry to hear about your car. Seems as though you've had a lot of trouble with it lately. Hopefully it is worth the money you are putting into it.
On a good front, Gerry has been recalled to CAMI (as I predicted!). He will be going back within the next few weeks. We couldn't be more happier. What a stress reliever this is.
Oh, and one more thing. She is now out of Critical Care and on the Orthopeadic floor. What an amazing job she is doing trying to get herself strong so she can go home quicker. LOL
I just wanted to mention, don't feel bad about not coming due to your car. Mom is not seeing any visitors or taking any calls right now anyway. We are concentrating on getting her pain under control and trying to get her to come to terms with what happened and what will be happening in her new life. She is still suffering bad dreams and post traumatic stress. She falls asleep, and then gets a full body twitch which makes her wake up. They attribute that to the stress from the accident.
There really isn't that much new to report today. Her mood is up and down all the time (and rightfull so). She got rid of her roommate yesterday (a 84 yr old alzheimer's patient who became violent). They put the lady in another room by herself now. Mom finally got a night of sleep last night. I'm so happy for her!
Not much news here. I send out a few resumes each week, but no responses yet. There was a really good one yesterday, that paid quite well, but no answer from that yet...
I had hoped to come out to see you sometime this week, but Lynda and I have this cold that seems to be getting worse for both of us. I won't come out until that's better.
We did the Air Show, and got burned too! I put pictures up on Facebook from it. The funny thing was, I was the only one wearing sunscreen, and I got burned the worst. I still have a line across my chest from it, LOL.
Hope you and Linda are feeling better. Gerry and the kids are down for the count right now. I'm hoping I don't get it next. I've been pretty good about not catching their stuff lately. Ya never know though.
Hope all is well on your end. Things are busy here, but good. Love ya tons!
So as if things were not bad enough, the doctor ordered an x-ray so that he could see why my right knee is so damned sore. The technician insisted on rolling me (which I begged her not to do) and she managed to rebreak one of my ribs. I am now stuck in bed for a week, right before Christmas and am miserable and in agony. The last time I had broken ribs I also had morphine, and although it gave me hallucinations it also gave me a fog so I didn't feel the pain of the broken ribs.
Thank the sweet Lord above that Christmas is over and Donna and her smelly dog have gone back home, where (hopefully) they will stay!
I have had guilt trips thrown at me for four days, have been told that she (Donna) is psychic and that I will be having major trouble with the lady upstairs because every time her hubby comes downstairs we give him a shot of Polish Vodka, have watched as she tried to hug and then tried to kiss Frank (both times he walked away), have smelled her dirty dog cage and her dirty clothing (even though I told her she smelled and offered to wash her clothes and got told no), listened to her dog cry for two nights solid so I did not get any sleep for two nights, thus making me a VERY bitchy person, watched as she took Boots' dog bowl and put them in her dog's cage and then went to the dollar store and bought plastic bowls for Boots, which he refused to use so he didn't eat for two days until I finally had to be totally rude and demand the bowls back, she is flat broke and could not afford presents so we gave her stuff to give Keni and Riley and we still bought her a present, but she agreed on the phone that this was ok, but when it came to open the present she blubbered and cried and said we had humiliated and embarrassed her, then when I told her to stop the shit she said that her feelings were not shit and she went outside and sat in her car for an hour and a half (but no one in here went out and told her to come inside so she finally came back in), and she went into the kitchen and saw Frank was not with me (meaning he could only be one place, in the bathroom) she opened the bathroom door and walked right in and he is so furious he told her he would make sure to lock doors when he was in a room if she was here from now on .... and it just goes on and on.
Oh yes and I forgot a few more things..... she was supposed to help, which she did, she carried the groceries in from the shopping store after driving me there and back and then last night while Tanya was there she announced that she would clean the kitchen. Well she went out and for a while she washed dishes. With food still all over the table and dirty pots on the stove and dishes still dirty on the counter she announced the kitchen was clean, went into the livingroom and sat down and there she stayed while Frank and I spent the next 3/4 hour cleaning the kitchen properly.
Also she had promised Frank that she would take care of Boots while he was at work. Boots spent more time in his crate with her here than before because her dog doesn't like Boots and kept on biting him, snapping at him and growling at him, to which she would reply "now Nicky, this is Boots' house, you be nice". Then Boots would go in the crate and that would be it.
She kept "borrowing" Frank's computer and when he finally said no, he didn't want her using his, she started at me, you know the stuff "after all I've done for you I know you won't mind me using your computer".
I am so glad she is gone. Frank is very unhappy and we have just had a major fight. He has stormed out of here. He is well overtired as well, because we can't sleep when a dog is crying, but Donna had no trouble sleeping straight through it!
Oh and I forgot, she told Frank she understands my pain because she has had a migraine for 15 years now. He told her flat out "I don't think you pain is anywhere close to the amount Christine is going through right now". After they had that discussion she pretty well stopped helping me altogether, except when Tanya came and then she waited until she knew we were almost finished and then came into the kitchen and offered to help, for which I said "why bother, it's almost all on the table now".
Anyways I hope your Christmas was better than ours was and that you have a wonderful New Years. As Donna told anyone who would listen while she was here...
"May the best of your 2009 be the worst of your 2010."
AND I missed the most offensive one, as far as I am concerned, but hey, if I am telling it, I might as well tell it all...
You know how Mom made each of us a set of hand made ornaments for the tree? She put each set in a box and wrote "Peg's Xmas Ornaments, Hand Made" on each box.
Well my beloved sister saw the box and flipped out, insisting that I had "taken" the original set of Christmas ornaments and if I had not taken them, then how did the box get here.
I was not impressed about being called a theif on Christmas Eve.
I am not having Christmas here any more. Tanya and I talked and I will be going to her house for Christmas from now on. I can go ahead of time and help her out, if she wants me to. Hopefully she won't dread me coming to her house the way I have dreaded Donna coming to mine each year.
We just got a call telling us she and her dog had arrived safely at her home and that she thought we would want to know that.
Anyways, thanks for letting me vent to your machine. Drive safely to come home from up north!
Gary will be coming here on Tuesday morning (Feb. 9th) for breakfast with me, provided I can get my lazy butt out of bed to go out with him and provided the weather is suitable to his driving this far. I don't know yet where we are going but I am sure we will enjoy ourselves. Perhaps you can drop the kids and come down quickly to join us. Let me know Brat. xoxo
Tanya, sweetheart, it would be easier if we can get together somewhere in Miss'a or T.O., since I can't afford fuel or time away from home too easily these days! I DID send you fries today...
I will be as far west as Copetown for the model railway show in a couple of weeks, but I don't know who I will have in tow for that one. I had a mother and son of yours there several years ago.
Gary, we are home safe and sound from Cambridge. I am a silly dork and forgot my bluejean bag in Tanya's livingroom. It has my handicapped parking ticket in it and the book I WAS reading today. I am not impressed with myself right now. Anyways, it is 12:30 and it is bed time. Thanks again for the breakfast and Tanya will thank you herself for the fries. She really enjoyed them!
I am so glad your procedure is over with and you are feeling better so quickly. I am amazed at your bravery. I would not let anyone near my eyes with a lazer gun if you paid me a whole lot of money. I am totally gutless, or perhaps a whoosey when it comes to stuff like that.
My hat is off to you. I hope your recover completely and really quickly and that the laser surgery worked really well for you!
Things are a little dimecause the pupils aren't expanding and contracting as fast as they should. The procedure wasn't as bad as I expected. There were more problems caused by the drops than the laser.
The main thing is that it's all over and you came through it fine. Give yourself a couple of days, you only had the surgery yesterday! Everything will be fine.
What's the texting phrase POS? Parents over shoulder, isn't it? I guess I should have added WOS to Thursday's messages. She came home early. That's why my message ended uncorrected and abruptly.
My eyes are now pretty much fine. They hurt a bit on Friday morning, and they are still tender to the touch I guess, but I'm seeing normally.
So what are you going to do to keep from leaving your parking pass in Cambridge? Or maybe Frank should just leave you there with it!
I was so upset about yesterday's luge accident and the weird statement of the Int'l Luge Fed. that I emailed them and gave them shit this AM. By comparison, drag races are 1/4 mile events, but the tracks are open for one mile. In case something goes wrong...
I was pleasantly surprised to see Rick Hansen last night. That's someone we hadn't thought of.
What, there's no "dimecause"??? Shoot, I thought you had invented something new.
I am glad your eyes are better, as I said before, I would never ever have the guts to try laser surgery on my eyes. Brave man! I prefer to use my bravery on horses I guess. Hahaha!
We are going back on Wednesday to pick my gimp pass up and then I think I will start leaving the damned thing inside my car and not taking it out EVER!
Frank would love to leave me in Cambridge and I truly wish I lived there. However today he wants to leave me there because I ...umm ...used the facilities today and flooded the whole bathroom, half the kitchen and part of the livingroom. Everything was covered in water, wet toilet tissue and other matter. Then it cost $210 to have a plumber come out, on the long weekend, and fix the toilet. All he did was plunge (what he called cleared the toilet), which we had already done a thousand times without success.
I too was upset about what "they" said about that poor boy, as if his family are not going through enough. If he was good enough to go to the Olympics, he was in no way classed as an "inexperienced" althlete. Good for you for contacting them, I had no idea how to do so.
I missed Rick Hansen, was he the one that carried the torch into the stadium? I wish I had seen that. Frank says Rick has been in and out of trouble with the law for the last several years, but he can't remember for what.
Rick Hansen is the wheelchair athlete who did the Man in Motion world tour, not a scofflaw. He brought the torch into the stadium, blanketed in the brilliant white light that they had at the portal. It was perfect. The silly concept of the hydraulic "cauldron" inside the stadium, when the real flame is down at the harbor, was strange. That it then didn't deploy properly and that Wayne Gretzky had to spend ten minutes in the rain, just emphasized how goofy the concept was.
Mr. Kumaritashvili's father is president of the Georgian Luge Federation, and his cousin is the coach. You are quite right that he knew what he was doing. His accident was simple enough, but there shouldn't have benn steel girders anywhere near his path.
I just Googled the FIL, and hit the contact us link.
I saw the Womens' Moguls replayed this morning, and I guess the American did beat Jennifer Heil. Shame, though, they really were close. Of course Apolo Ohno trounced Charles Hamelin in the Men's Short Track Skating. Ohno is just too good.
Did you tell the plumber that your toilet was "constipated?"
No my toilet had diarrhea. It had smelly runny diarrhea that covered three rooms before it was totally finished. It cost $210 to fix which is more expensive than any diarrhetic I know of. When you're constipated you "don't give a shit" but this toilet just kept on giving and giving and giving...
So I will quote you and then comment...
"Mr. Kumaritashvili's father is president of the Georgian Luge Federation, and his cousin is the coach. You are quite right that he knew what he was doing. His accident was simple enough, but there shouldn't have benn steel girders anywhere near his path." The Olympic group knew this and were trying to head off a law suit??? Disgusting.....
Also, Frank says Rick Hansen (whom I know to be famous for his wheel chair athletic abilities) has been in trouble with the police several times lately, is that true? Frank thinks he heard it on tv or radio.
My back is killing me today from all the mopping up and twisting and bending, trying to get at the shut off valve for the toilet last night. It's been quite a while since I was this sore. I had no choice, I could not let the water keep on running onto the floor until Frank got home from work, so I did what I had to do, but I am sure paying for it now.
How are your eyes? How are you enjoying Valentine's Day? and Family Day weekend? I hope you have a good weekend.
Hi. I am working hard still. I am no longer using canes. The physiotherapist agreed that I have to go with my body and the canes were causing me to limp. I hate to have such an obvious impediment. I will work until it no longer shows, then I may rest for a bit.
I registered for hydrotherapy. It starts on Thursday April 8th and is one hour long, once a week. It is in the hottest of the swimming pools and sounds so nice. Also, the more you work in the water, the faster you heal. Your muscles can work more and harder while working against the water, but the pain is minimal.
Things with Frank are not good. He has been quite a different person since this accident. I have no idea what is wrong and he won't tell me, nor would he talk to Tanya when she asked him. God bless her, she tried really hard and he rejected her efforts with this comment "bar tenders and bus drivers listen, they don't doo the talking" which probably means she won't ask him again, damn him! You would be so proud, she just keeps on motivating me and pushing me, each time she sees me tiring and flagging in any way, she is there to push the right buttons to make me get back on the healing trail. I am so happy she and I are friends again. I missed her so uch and hope to never have her gone again. She really is my best friend!
I have no idea if my marriage will live through whatever is going on right now. Even Tanya and Gerry agree that Frank is not the person he was before the accident and we are very worried about her, but we have no idea what to do, since he refuses to talk to anyone about the problem, or to even admit that there is a problem.
New physiotherapy appointment times and days are Monday and Thursday 1:00 to 1:15 p.m., hydrotherapy Thursday 2:20 to 3:20 p.m.
How are you and how is Lynda? Did she get that job? I hope things are better for you Hon.
Well, a few dollars later I have a computer running again. The solution was to copy my C: drive onto another one and then do a fresh install of a new OS, in this case Win 7. I was able to get a very good price and some very reasonable labor from the remnants of Premier Computer.
Lynda still hasn't been put on full time, and some other goof in this house is nothing more than a slave to Princess Nellie, the very demanding cat who's driving me nuts this morning!
I did comment nearly two weeks ago on your Frank problem, but that was the message I could not post on the laptop. I do hope this will post from here. The gist of it was my suggestion to try to hang in. Yes, Frank has had your condition and Kary to deal with this winter, and I am sure he has changed. But you have also, my dear. The drugs are a big factor, but there are other personality quirks that I can see. In large measure these are for the better, believe it or not.
Windows 7 is actually fun, and so far I've found it more stable than Vista.
Glad to hear that you have a running computer. Wanna take a look at mine? The blue screen message reads "Bad_Pool_Caller". What exactly does that mean? Please spare me some time to get this computer runnning better. I will not be home tomorrow but I will be home all day Friday. We'll talk about the other comment as well when you call. P.S. I have not had a cigarette since April 22nd. I am smoke free! YES, I AM A NON-SMOKER!!!
Thank you for your kind wishes as I endured another birthday. Actually, I joke. It went well over two days and I sure don't feel that age [at least this week]!
The bad news is that Sony goes through a quiet spell at this time of year, so they have cancelled their contract with the temp agency. So Lynda is out of work again. She will phone this morning to see if they have anything else for her.
I said the birthday was both days of the weekend. Boston Pizza sent me a coupon for a free entree for my birthday. So I had opportunity to use that on Saturday. When I went to pay for my coffe, the bartender futzed for a minute, and then figured it would be easier not to ring it up. So thanks, Adrienne, for my birthday coffee. Sunday morning I had breakfast with Tony, another of Jack's railbuff friends from Montreal in the late '70's who drives a 15 year old car. Oh yeah, and the other thing we share is April 11 as a birthday!
But I am living alone, so who am I to question you. Actually, Lynda has gone up to Midland to look for work. She has also pinning down an opportunity to go to Georgian College up there to get her GED this spring.
Job hunting up there is still done by walking in to places and talking to people. All that happens when you try that here is that the receptionist hands you the business card of the HR dept. or the name of the hiring agency.
1. It was not a honeymoon it was an anniversary. 2. I was not in a hot tub, it was a jaccuzzi. 3. Remember me? I BROKE IT!!!
Sorry about today's phone call. We took you at your word and thought you were "living alone" as your last post states. I took the precaution of having Frank make the call, just in case, but thought I would be talking to you in your bachelor status. Hmmmmm so is she leaving or staying or what the hell is going on then? Are you going to go and hunt for work up there as well?
She looked around up there for a couple of days. She is back to talk to Unemployment about paying for her GED. She has found a golden opportunity to do that at Georgian College in Midland, with help for her learning disabilities and all.
So I may be baching it at least 4 days a week for the next three months IF the UI support goes through, and she qualifies in an appraisal next week.
Here I am at 2:30 in the morning. Since we hit the biggest bureaucratic brickwall on Friday, I haven't been able to sleep much. It's too long to go into here,but Lynda apparently cannot get gov't support of any kind while she takes a few months to get her GED. It sounds like you have a worm on your computer allowing someone to hijack your communication. Or someone in your neighborhood is hijacking your wireless connection. I don't know enough about Windows Live to know how its passwords work. I have Windows Live Mail on here now, but it handles my Rogers email just like normal.
I tried phoning you while I was out on Saturday, but I wasn't able to get an answer on either number.
I am still trying to find out how to get into my hotmail, which also happens to be my only e-mail account. Tanya was trying to help me as well. I have a list of addresses I lived in while trying to "become a human being" after all that crap went down in Cambridge. In the last 10 years I have lived at 7 different addresses. One of the things you need to do is provide the location that you listed when you joined hotmail, for which I have no clue. I am afraid I am going to have to open an new e-mail account and I have no idea how I am going to find all the people on my list when and if I do so. I will keep on trying.
In the meantime I did have another BSOD and have the information for that, whenever you can manage a trip here. I will give you gas money if you need it. As usual I will provide you with some nice black coffee!
Have a good week! I know you are stressed but take a deep breath and remember things always look better in the morning, once you have slept on the problem (remember that saying? you should, you used to say it to me all the time).
Yes, I remember the saying, but... I am going to try to get to the TTC employment office today myself. I heard last weekend there are some customer service jobs posted internally. My contact says if they are not filled in a week or two, they might be publically posted.
Lynda is going north this morning to have her assessment for the GED program. We have a couple of people looking into support while she goes to school, and here's one of those buts, no one has got back to us yet. She will be back by Friday morning as she has a doctor's appointment Friday PM.
OK, so I put Malwarebytes onto my computer on the advice of my brother-in-law Jack. I ran the scan and came up with 178 infected objects. I was unimpressed with this but my computer is running much better now.
I also am finally able to get into my old hotmail account now (had over 300 e-mails to sort when I got in there) but I am going to stay using the new one instead.
I hope things are going well for you two. Keep in touch.
Hello one and all. I have some bad news to report, Lynda did not get the job at Honda. I have some good news, my asshole has been warrantied for another 5 years. I passed my colonoscopy today.
Sorry to hear Lynda did not get her Honda job. On the other hand, glad to hear your butt is safe for another five years. Not touching that line any further.
I went to the specialist for my knee today, and although the news was not what I was expecting to hear from this man, it is supposedly "good news". There is "nothing" wrong with either my knee or any other part of me. The breaks have all healed and there is nothing, other than arthritis, causing the pain. He has suggested a non-prescription (of course this means I have to pay for it) arthritis rub that is to be used when I am sore. It is 100 gm tube for $15.00, so perhaps it will help Frank as well. If it helps Frank, it will be worth every single penny spent on it.
I came home from the doctor and contacted the lawyer to tell him to proceed with settling this matter so we can get out of trouble financially, get Frank retired and get ourselves moved to Cambridge where we belong.
The withdrawal is going..... today it is not doing badly, but we shall see what tomorrow brings. I think a lot of it is attitude and sunshine. I got up today with a purpose and the sun was shining so I am doing alright. Yesterday, when Frank was working overtime, I spent the whole day in bed watching reruns of Two and a Half Men, to make me laugh. The "depression" is caused by the withdrawal, or that is what the addictions counsellor tells me. I have had three medical people in the last week tell me to go to hospital and admit myself, but I refused to do that. The only meds I am on now are a sort of painkiller called Tramacet, which is equivalent to the Tylenol #3 pills.
Did I tell you that I started going to church and that they are coming at the end of June to paint our apartment for us? This is going be very nice as they are going to use brighter colours and it will make it easier to be living in this dungeon. If we are going to have to be here for any length of time, we might as well live here in comfort!
Keep in touch, I have the feeling it's going to be a long summer!
Hi, I hope things are going well for you and Lynda. You know it's a good week when the bills are all paid and there is still enough left to buy food. Other than that, I went to knee specialist and he says all my bones are healed, nothing is wrong with me anymore and he has no idea why I still feel pain. He suggested an over the counter arthritis rub. I contacted the lawyer and told him to go ahead and start the settling of the law suit. That kind of report will only damage the case, not help it. Life goes on.....
OK so the last you heard was the allergic reaction the Celexa and all the grief that caused me. Did I tell you fired Dr. Wong and got a new doctor, and that Frank got the same doctor? Now we can get help, close at hand, in bunches. This group has four doctors plus a psychotherapist, and eight interns, so there is always a doctor available to see you in emergency. The head doctor, who is the one we got, is really good. He agreed that I had a great need to fire Dr. Wong. He also told me that Dr. Wong removed me from the Oxycontin too quickly and that between that and the quitting smoking are the reasons my body rebelled on me. It is a chemical imbalance causing "situational depression". I saw a counsellor yesterday and the psychotherapist today from 2 to four. The clinic is only five minutes from my house and they have free parking.
Got an e-mail from Tanya where she opened my eyes to a lot of my faults and I am going to work on those as well. I never realized until I got the e-mail how hard I made her life when she was young. The counsellor and I will be dealing with those issues on the 19th.
Gotta go now and get ready to go to this new doc, but wanted to keep you updated.
P.S. They are teaching me Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which should help me a lot. I finally think I am getting some proper help!!! Talk to you again soon.
I may have to come up with a new way to communicate, since I cannot sign into this Google blog properly in my browser of choice. What a pain!
Anyway I was going to report there isn't a lot of news here. Lynda's new job in Aurora seems to be working out okay. She's even getting some overtime this afternoon.
Gee thanks, at least now I can talk to you sometimes!!!
ReplyDeleteSo this seems to work, but I may move the dots to the bottom of the left frame so they look decorative.
ReplyDeleteThis is great. Thanks for setting up a way for us to communicate without causing anyone grief. Also thanks for the defrag program for my laptop, and for the lunch! Frank and I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteLunch or the defrag? Which did you and Frank enjoy?
ReplyDeleteDid you do his computer yet?
Lunch was good and we enjoyed it. Defrag has helped my computer because now it runs much faster! DO his computer? What do you mean? He never got a registry cleaner so he still has the original defrag program that came with his laptop.
ReplyDeleteYes, but the Auslogic program is so much easier and quicker than the MS one.
ReplyDeleteIf there is one thing I have learned it is that if it is not broken you don't fix it. I'll use the new defrag on my computer and he can use what he already has on his. No sense in fixing what is not broken!
ReplyDeleteHelloooooooo!
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty cool!
I had to set up a 'blog spot' too so that I could leave a comment here. Once I actually find out what my name or 'thingie' (yes, that's the technical term) is I shall post it for you!
I am off for another Sunday of going to Mommy-In-Laws so we can trim her hedge and clean her gutters. Can't you just picture me now up a ladder reaching for some leaves? ....... CRASH! Not to worry though, I'll call from the ER, LMAO.
Hope the job search isn't too frustrating. I know Ger and I are both fed up with it. He did a road test for Weston's last week, and is going to follow-up call them tomorrow to see if he got it or not. Fingers crossed please.
Anyway, off I go. Have a great Sunday! Loves*
Not much new on my Sunday. Lynda actually came home today since she has a doctors appointment in the morning.
ReplyDeleteWell I won't call you then when I have finished your errand. I'll leave a message here for you when I have what you needed.
ReplyDeleteOK, in my possession is the money, plus a CD and a memory card. The card has pictures of a little boy as does the CD. Wendy felt you might want these back. Let me know what we shall do to get this stuff to you! Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteMs. Murphy, when are you home for me to come acquire all this.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, it's MRS. not Ms. I am home every day but Sunday with week.
ReplyDeleteI made that call I discussed with you. It was an ummm interesting call. Phone me some time and I will tell you about it!
ReplyDeleteI did try to call Miss'a this afternoon, but got no answer. Lynda and I did two job fairs yesterday, and went to one of the agencies this morning. Since they are for general labor, Lynda got a job right away - car parts repacking a mile or two from home, and back on afternoon shift!
ReplyDeleteTanya, you there? How's Gerry's recovery coming along?
ReplyDeleteHiya Gar!
ReplyDeleteGer's surgery went well. He is still tender, but much improved. He had a minor infection on the one side, but it cleared up without any medication. I'm a fantastic nurse.
How is the job search going for you? I know we are getting pretty frustrated. Although, there is talk on the horizon that CAMI will be calling back in October, so please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Hope everything is going well on your end. I think about you all the time. Hope to see you soon.
Lynda has her low wage job, but I haven't found a thing!
ReplyDeleteHey Gar;
ReplyDeleteGerry got a job today, and accepted it. He was actually debating between two. One would pay him more, but the one he ended up taking offers 40 hr/week minimum with promise of overtime, and the other offered almost 40 hours with weeks of layoff in between.
I hope something comes along soon for you. I know it's hard to be out of work. You must be feeling pretty claustrophobic by now. I know Ger was. 7 months out of work, he was getting cranky, LOL.
I'm starting to get the jitters a little. It's amazing how few jobs there are out there. Leads that people suggest turn out to be dead ends so often.
ReplyDelete"Bubbles?"
Bubbles is a nickname I earned as a baby that has managed to stick with me through the years. Fun, eh?
ReplyDeleteGer had a lot of dead end "leads" as well. He was so frustrated. I hope you find something soon.
I had a really good interview on Friday. I'm really hoping I get this position. It's an Administrative position at a Pilates studio, so I would get to take the classes for free and maybe re-discover my old body again! :)
I took Keni to the trailer, got back home on Wednesday. We had fun but it rained every damned day we were there, so we did a lot of crafts. The big news was that I got a chance to let her ride a pony, which she LOVED! Anyways, Frank and I get our vacation on the 9th and will be gone until the 22nd. I guess our annual birthday lunch will have to wait until I get back from up north.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Tanya DID get the job at the Pilates studio.
How are you doing?
No news on the job front.
ReplyDeleteI'm going north myself the week of the 9th to babysit my mother-in-law while her two daughters up there go camping.
So here I am in Midland. I did some tourist stuff - sailing in the steam boat in Gravenhurst with my friend, Tony, Wednesday, and doing a museum in Penetang I hadn't done before today. Saturday there's a big antique car event in Orillia, so I may do that.
ReplyDeleteI must be babysitting well, Mom is still healthy.
Love you all.
Hi Gary!
ReplyDeleteI have some news.
Mom and Frank went on vacation to the trailer. On Saturday they decided to go horse back riding.
My Mom's horse got spooked when he saw another person and threw her off, and then landed on her.
She has 6 cracked ribs and her pelvis is broken on both sides.
When I spoke with Frank she was being air lifted from Owen Sound hosptial to London.
I will be going with Frank first thing in the morning to the hospital and spending the day there.
As soon as I get home I will let you know what is happening. They have to reassess her in London to see if they are going to do surgery or not.
Please pray for her. We all know she does not heal well!
Thank you,
Tanya
Update! She is in Victoria hospital, and is currently in the ER waiting for a bed to open upstairs. She is hopped up on Morphine, and apparently also has a broken back. Frank and I are headed down there very soon. I am very worried, and tried to call the hospital to get the full extent of her injuries, but they told me I would have to talk to her. Then they said they had just given her some Morphine, so I told them to let her rest. I will keep you posted as I know anything. Please send me a text to my cell phone (1-519-841-7564) to let me know if it's ok to text you or not.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Tanya
Update!
ReplyDeleteI just got home from the hospital, and am trying to update everyone. She has 2 broken ribs, her pelvis is broken in 4 places, and she's broken her L5 and L6 vertabrae.
Apparently what happened was they were on a horseback ride, and Mom's horse saw a pedestrian and got spooked out. It started turning in circle's quickly and bucked her off. It then lost it's balance and fell onto her (the horse weighed in at almost 1,000 pds). It then got up and tried to move and fell onto her again, only this time it rolled bum over head across her whole body.
We are so lucky that she wasn't killed or injured more. She really had some special angels watching over her.
I wrote down on a book all of the kind words and messages from everyone. She is so glad to hear from everyone.
For now she is in the Critical Care and Trauma Unit of Victoria Hospital in London. Because she lives in Mississauga, they will transfer her there once she is more stable.
I really do pray that she can make a speedy recover. They are still unsure if they can repair this with surgery.
I am my Mom's Power of Attourney, so I will be speaking with the Dr tomorrow. I want to know everything that is happening before any decisions are made. She had to tell them today if she wanted to be given heroic measures should her heart stop. That was very hard to discuss and answer.
Again, thank you so much. I really do appreciated everything.
Tanya
Couple of things.
ReplyDeleteDon't tell your mother right now, but I did tell Lynda about the accident, so that she isn't wondering why I'm checking messages steadily.
You don't mention any temporary paralysis. Is she moving her toes alright?
And I have to put my car in the garage for a couple of days this week, so I can't come out straightaway. I had to limp home Sunday afternoon down Hwy 11 rather than the 400. My clutch needs replacing.
Hi Gary!
ReplyDeleteNo, there is no paralysis. She can move her left leg, and both sets of toes all on her own. Due to the pelvic breaks and fractures, she cannot move her right leg on her own.
When Frank and I got to the hospital we were shocked and amazed to find her sitting up in a wheelchair. She lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes, which is such an amazing accomplishment! She had a LOT of help getting in and out of the bed. They all but do it for her. She can't really move to much on her own. That was the only time she was up today. Frank and I have become experts at getting her lifted and getting a bed pan under her! We have it down to a science!
Frank and I respectfully ask that everyone refrain from sending flowers, visiting, and phoning Mom until further notice. She is having a hard time adjusting to her new situation, and she is still pretty out of it due to the pain medication. I had them take her off the Morphine last night when she started talking to a spider, puppy and garden gnome! She is now taking percacets and advil. She still get's kinda loopy, but at least isn't hallucinating!
I will do my best to keep you aprised of her current conditions. It's hard to get to everyone, but I am doing my best.
I'm sorry to hear about your car. Seems as though you've had a lot of trouble with it lately. Hopefully it is worth the money you are putting into it.
On a good front, Gerry has been recalled to CAMI (as I predicted!). He will be going back within the next few weeks. We couldn't be more happier. What a stress reliever this is.
Tanya
Oh, and one more thing. She is now out of Critical Care and on the Orthopeadic floor. What an amazing job she is doing trying to get herself strong so she can go home quicker. LOL
ReplyDeleteHey Gary!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to mention, don't feel bad about not coming due to your car. Mom is not seeing any visitors or taking any calls right now anyway. We are concentrating on getting her pain under control and trying to get her to come to terms with what happened and what will be happening in her new life. She is still suffering bad dreams and post traumatic stress. She falls asleep, and then gets a full body twitch which makes her wake up. They attribute that to the stress from the accident.
There really isn't that much new to report today. Her mood is up and down all the time (and rightfull so). She got rid of her roommate yesterday (a 84 yr old alzheimer's patient who became violent). They put the lady in another room by herself now. Mom finally got a night of sleep last night. I'm so happy for her!
Hope things are going well with you!
Tanya
Not much news here. I send out a few resumes each week, but no responses yet. There was a really good one yesterday, that paid quite well, but no answer from that yet...
ReplyDeleteDid the Air Show and the Pointer Sisters on Saturday. Got badly sunburned!
ReplyDeleteI had hoped to come out to see you sometime this week, but Lynda and I have this cold that seems to be getting worse for both of us. I won't come out until that's better.
ReplyDeleteHey Gary!
ReplyDeleteWe did the Air Show, and got burned too! I put pictures up on Facebook from it. The funny thing was, I was the only one wearing sunscreen, and I got burned the worst. I still have a line across my chest from it, LOL.
Hope you and Linda are feeling better. Gerry and the kids are down for the count right now. I'm hoping I don't get it next. I've been pretty good about not catching their stuff lately. Ya never know though.
Hope all is well on your end. Things are busy here, but good. Love ya tons!
So as if things were not bad enough, the doctor ordered an x-ray so that he could see why my right knee is so damned sore. The technician insisted on rolling me (which I begged her not to do) and she managed to rebreak one of my ribs. I am now stuck in bed for a week, right before Christmas and am miserable and in agony. The last time I had broken ribs I also had morphine, and although it gave me hallucinations it also gave me a fog so I didn't feel the pain of the broken ribs.
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas to you and Lynda. Love and hugs,
Christine, Frank & Boots
Thank the sweet Lord above that Christmas is over and Donna and her smelly dog have gone back home, where (hopefully) they will stay!
ReplyDeleteI have had guilt trips thrown at me for four days, have been told that she (Donna) is psychic and that I will be having major trouble with the lady upstairs because every time her hubby comes downstairs we give him a shot of Polish Vodka, have watched as she tried to hug and then tried to kiss Frank (both times he walked away), have smelled her dirty dog cage and her dirty clothing (even though I told her she smelled and offered to wash her clothes and got told no), listened to her dog cry for two nights solid so I did not get any sleep for two nights, thus making me a VERY bitchy person, watched as she took Boots' dog bowl and put them in her dog's cage and then went to the dollar store and bought plastic bowls for Boots, which he refused to use so he didn't eat for two days until I finally had to be totally rude and demand the bowls back, she is flat broke and could not afford presents so we gave her stuff to give Keni and Riley and we still bought her a present, but she agreed on the phone that this was ok, but when it came to open the present she blubbered and cried and said we had humiliated and embarrassed her, then when I told her to stop the shit she said that her feelings were not shit and she went outside and sat in her car for an hour and a half (but no one in here went out and told her to come inside so she finally came back in), and she went into the kitchen and saw Frank was not with me (meaning he could only be one place, in the bathroom) she opened the bathroom door and walked right in and he is so furious he told her he would make sure to lock doors when he was in a room if she was here from now on .... and it just goes on and on.
Oh yes and I forgot a few more things..... she was supposed to help, which she did, she carried the groceries in from the shopping store after driving me there and back and then last night while Tanya was there she announced that she would clean the kitchen. Well she went out and for a while she washed dishes. With food still all over the table and dirty pots on the stove and dishes still dirty on the counter she announced the kitchen was clean, went into the livingroom and sat down and there she stayed while Frank and I spent the next 3/4 hour cleaning the kitchen properly.
ReplyDeleteAlso she had promised Frank that she would take care of Boots while he was at work. Boots spent more time in his crate with her here than before because her dog doesn't like Boots and kept on biting him, snapping at him and growling at him, to which she would reply "now Nicky, this is Boots' house, you be nice". Then Boots would go in the crate and that would be it.
She kept "borrowing" Frank's computer and when he finally said no, he didn't want her using his, she started at me, you know the stuff "after all I've done for you I know you won't mind me using your computer".
I am so glad she is gone. Frank is very unhappy and we have just had a major fight. He has stormed out of here. He is well overtired as well, because we can't sleep when a dog is crying, but Donna had no trouble sleeping straight through it!
Oh and I forgot, she told Frank she understands my pain because she has had a migraine for 15 years now. He told her flat out "I don't think you pain is anywhere close to the amount Christine is going through right now". After they had that discussion she pretty well stopped helping me altogether, except when Tanya came and then she waited until she knew we were almost finished and then came into the kitchen and offered to help, for which I said "why bother, it's almost all on the table now".
Anyways I hope your Christmas was better than ours was and that you have a wonderful New Years. As Donna told anyone who would listen while she was here...
"May the best of your 2009 be the worst of your 2010."
AND I missed the most offensive one, as far as I am concerned, but hey, if I am telling it, I might as well tell it all...
ReplyDeleteYou know how Mom made each of us a set of hand made ornaments for the tree? She put each set in a box and wrote "Peg's Xmas Ornaments, Hand Made" on each box.
Well my beloved sister saw the box and flipped out, insisting that I had "taken" the original set of Christmas ornaments and if I had not taken them, then how did the box get here.
I was not impressed about being called a theif on Christmas Eve.
I am not having Christmas here any more. Tanya and I talked and I will be going to her house for Christmas from now on. I can go ahead of time and help her out, if she wants me to. Hopefully she won't dread me coming to her house the way I have dreaded Donna coming to mine each year.
We just got a call telling us she and her dog had arrived safely at her home and that she thought we would want to know that.
Anyways, thanks for letting me vent to your machine. Drive safely to come home from up north!
xoxo
Christine
Ah yes, the joys of Christmas time with the family. Dontcha love it?
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good Christmas Gar!
Loves and Hugs,
Tanya
Hello:
ReplyDeleteGuess what, I was doing some cleaning yesterday and got in the mood to hang a few shelves. This I did! I am proud of myself.
So when do you think you are going to come and visit? My cold is gone. We could go for a coffee at the bakery if you'd like.
I haven't seen you in a while and it would be nice to see you!
Hugs,
Christine
Hey Man ... you've seen him more than I have. I think I'm due for a visit first! I call dibbs!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though Gar, would love to see you. Even if you're going to the Boots, and I could meet you there or something. Hope you're doing well.
Loves N Hugs!
xoxo
Gary will be coming here on Tuesday morning (Feb. 9th) for breakfast with me, provided I can get my lazy butt out of bed to go out with him and provided the weather is suitable to his driving this far. I don't know yet where we are going but I am sure we will enjoy ourselves. Perhaps you can drop the kids and come down quickly to join us. Let me know Brat. xoxo
ReplyDeleteTanya, sweetheart, it would be easier if we can get together somewhere in Miss'a or T.O., since I can't afford fuel or time away from home too easily these days! I DID send you fries today...
ReplyDeleteI will be as far west as Copetown for the model railway show in a couple of weeks, but I don't know who I will have in tow for that one. I had a mother and son of yours there several years ago.
Gary, we are home safe and sound from Cambridge. I am a silly dork and forgot my bluejean bag in Tanya's livingroom. It has my handicapped parking ticket in it and the book I WAS reading today. I am not impressed with myself right now. Anyways, it is 12:30 and it is bed time. Thanks again for the breakfast and Tanya will thank you herself for the fries. She really enjoyed them!
ReplyDeleteHi Hon:
ReplyDeleteI am so glad your procedure is over with and you are feeling better so quickly. I am amazed at your bravery. I would not let anyone near my eyes with a lazer gun if you paid me a whole lot of money. I am totally gutless, or perhaps a whoosey when it comes to stuff like that.
My hat is off to you. I hope your recover completely and really quickly and that the laser surgery worked really well for you!
Hugs,
Christine
Things are a little dimecause the pupils aren't expanding and contracting as fast as they should. The procedure wasn't as bad as I expected. There were more problems caused by the drops than the laser.
ReplyDelete"dim because"
ReplyDeleteThe main thing is that it's all over and you came through it fine. Give yourself a couple of days, you only had the surgery yesterday! Everything will be fine.
ReplyDeleteWhat's the texting phrase POS? Parents over shoulder, isn't it? I guess I should have added WOS to Thursday's messages. She came home early. That's why my message ended uncorrected and abruptly.
ReplyDeleteMy eyes are now pretty much fine. They hurt a bit on Friday morning, and they are still tender to the touch I guess, but I'm seeing normally.
So what are you going to do to keep from leaving your parking pass in Cambridge? Or maybe Frank should just leave you there with it!
I was so upset about yesterday's luge accident and the weird statement of the Int'l Luge Fed. that I emailed them and gave them shit this AM. By comparison, drag races are 1/4 mile events, but the tracks are open for one mile. In case something goes wrong...
I was pleasantly surprised to see Rick Hansen last night. That's someone we hadn't thought of.
What, there's no "dimecause"??? Shoot, I thought you had invented something new.
ReplyDeleteI am glad your eyes are better, as I said before, I would never ever have the guts to try laser surgery on my eyes. Brave man! I prefer to use my bravery on horses I guess. Hahaha!
We are going back on Wednesday to pick my gimp pass up and then I think I will start leaving the damned thing inside my car and not taking it out EVER!
Frank would love to leave me in Cambridge and I truly wish I lived there. However today he wants to leave me there because I ...umm ...used the facilities today and flooded the whole bathroom, half the kitchen and part of the livingroom. Everything was covered in water, wet toilet tissue and other matter. Then it cost $210 to have a plumber come out, on the long weekend, and fix the toilet. All he did was plunge (what he called cleared the toilet), which we had already done a thousand times without success.
I too was upset about what "they" said about that poor boy, as if his family are not going through enough. If he was good enough to go to the Olympics, he was in no way classed as an "inexperienced" althlete. Good for you for contacting them, I had no idea how to do so.
I missed Rick Hansen, was he the one that carried the torch into the stadium? I wish I had seen that. Frank says Rick has been in and out of trouble with the law for the last several years, but he can't remember for what.
Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow my friend!
Hugs,
Christine
Rick Hansen is the wheelchair athlete who did the Man in Motion world tour, not a scofflaw. He brought the torch into the stadium, blanketed in the brilliant white light that they had at the portal. It was perfect. The silly concept of the hydraulic "cauldron" inside the stadium, when the real flame is down at the harbor, was strange. That it then didn't deploy properly and that Wayne Gretzky had to spend ten minutes in the rain, just emphasized how goofy the concept was.
ReplyDeleteMr. Kumaritashvili's father is president of the Georgian Luge Federation, and his cousin is the coach. You are quite right that he knew what he was doing. His accident was simple enough, but there shouldn't have benn steel girders anywhere near his path.
I just Googled the FIL, and hit the contact us link.
I saw the Womens' Moguls replayed this morning, and I guess the American did beat Jennifer Heil. Shame, though, they really were close. Of course Apolo Ohno trounced Charles Hamelin in the Men's Short Track Skating. Ohno is just too good.
Did you tell the plumber that your toilet was "constipated?"
Happy Valentines!
No my toilet had diarrhea. It had smelly runny diarrhea that covered three rooms before it was totally finished. It cost $210 to fix which is more expensive than any diarrhetic I know of. When you're constipated you "don't give a shit" but this toilet just kept on giving and giving and giving...
ReplyDeleteSo I will quote you and then comment...
"Mr. Kumaritashvili's father is president of the Georgian Luge Federation, and his cousin is the coach. You are quite right that he knew what he was doing. His accident was simple enough, but there shouldn't have benn steel girders anywhere near his path." The Olympic group knew this and were trying to head off a law suit??? Disgusting.....
Also, Frank says Rick Hansen (whom I know to be famous for his wheel chair athletic abilities) has been in trouble with the police several times lately, is that true? Frank thinks he heard it on tv or radio.
My back is killing me today from all the mopping up and twisting and bending, trying to get at the shut off valve for the toilet last night. It's been quite a while since I was this sore. I had no choice, I could not let the water keep on running onto the floor until Frank got home from work, so I did what I had to do, but I am sure paying for it now.
How are your eyes? How are you enjoying Valentine's Day? and Family Day weekend? I hope you have a good weekend.
Take care,
Christine
xoxo
I just looked up Rick Hansen and don't see any problems in his life.
ReplyDeleteHi. I am working hard still. I am no longer using canes. The physiotherapist agreed that I have to go with my body and the canes were causing me to limp. I hate to have such an obvious impediment. I will work until it no longer shows, then I may rest for a bit.
ReplyDeleteI registered for hydrotherapy. It starts on Thursday April 8th and is one hour long, once a week. It is in the hottest of the swimming pools and sounds so nice. Also, the more you work in the water, the faster you heal. Your muscles can work more and harder while working against the water, but the pain is minimal.
Things with Frank are not good. He has been quite a different person since this accident. I have no idea what is wrong and he won't tell me, nor would he talk to Tanya when she asked him. God bless her, she tried really hard and he rejected her efforts with this comment "bar tenders and bus drivers listen, they don't doo the talking" which probably means she won't ask him again, damn him! You would be so proud, she just keeps on motivating me and pushing me, each time she sees me tiring and flagging in any way, she is there to push the right buttons to make me get back on the healing trail. I am so happy she and I are friends again. I missed her so uch and hope to never have her gone again. She really is my best friend!
I have no idea if my marriage will live through whatever is going on right now. Even Tanya and Gerry agree that Frank is not the person he was before the accident and we are very worried about her, but we have no idea what to do, since he refuses to talk to anyone about the problem, or to even admit that there is a problem.
New physiotherapy appointment times and days are Monday and Thursday 1:00 to 1:15 p.m., hydrotherapy Thursday 2:20 to 3:20 p.m.
How are you and how is Lynda? Did she get that job? I hope things are better for you Hon.
xoxo
Christine
Well, a few dollars later I have a computer running again. The solution was to copy my C: drive onto another one and then do a fresh install of a new OS, in this case Win 7. I was able to get a very good price and some very reasonable labor from the remnants of Premier Computer.
ReplyDeleteLynda still hasn't been put on full time, and some other goof in this house is nothing more than a slave to Princess Nellie, the very demanding cat who's driving me nuts this morning!
I did comment nearly two weeks ago on your Frank problem, but that was the message I could not post on the laptop. I do hope this will post from here. The gist of it was my suggestion to try to hang in. Yes, Frank has had your condition and Kary to deal with this winter, and I am sure he has changed. But you have also, my dear. The drugs are a big factor, but there are other personality quirks that I can see. In large measure these are for the better, believe it or not.
Windows 7 is actually fun, and so far I've found it more stable than Vista.
Glad to hear that you have a running computer. Wanna take a look at mine? The blue screen message reads "Bad_Pool_Caller". What exactly does that mean? Please spare me some time to get this computer runnning better. I will not be home tomorrow but I will be home all day Friday. We'll talk about the other comment as well when you call. P.S. I have not had a cigarette since April 22nd. I am smoke free! YES, I AM A NON-SMOKER!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you meant March 22nd! I'll swear I've seen you smoke in the past year...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
Thank you for your kind wishes as I endured another birthday. Actually, I joke. It went well over two days and I sure don't feel that age [at least this week]!
ReplyDeleteThe bad news is that Sony goes through a quiet spell at this time of year, so they have cancelled their contract with the temp agency. So Lynda is out of work again. She will phone this morning to see if they have anything else for her.
I said the birthday was both days of the weekend. Boston Pizza sent me a coupon for a free entree for my birthday. So I had opportunity to use that on Saturday. When I went to pay for my coffe, the bartender futzed for a minute, and then figured it would be easier not to ring it up. So thanks, Adrienne, for my birthday coffee. Sunday morning I had breakfast with Tony, another of Jack's railbuff friends from Montreal in the late '70's who drives a 15 year old car. Oh yeah, and the other thing we share is April 11 as a birthday!
No one wonder you have questions about your marriage. You're supposed to spend honeymoons in a hot tub NEKKED!!!!
ReplyDeleteBut I am living alone, so who am I to question you. Actually, Lynda has gone up to Midland to look for work. She has also pinning down an opportunity to go to Georgian College up there to get her GED this spring.
ReplyDeleteJob hunting up there is still done by walking in to places and talking to people. All that happens when you try that here is that the receptionist hands you the business card of the HR dept. or the name of the hiring agency.
1. It was not a honeymoon it was an anniversary.
ReplyDelete2. I was not in a hot tub, it was a jaccuzzi.
3. Remember me? I BROKE IT!!!
Sorry about today's phone call. We took you at your word and thought you were "living alone" as your last post states. I took the precaution of having Frank make the call, just in case, but thought I would be talking to you in your bachelor status. Hmmmmm so is she leaving or staying or what the hell is going on then? Are you going to go and hunt for work up there as well?
Keep us in the loop!
Take care,
Christine
xoxo
She looked around up there for a couple of days. She is back to talk to Unemployment about paying for her GED. She has found a golden opportunity to do that at Georgian College in Midland, with help for her learning disabilities and all.
ReplyDeleteSo I may be baching it at least 4 days a week for the next three months IF the UI support goes through, and she qualifies in an appraisal next week.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHere I am at 2:30 in the morning. Since we hit the biggest bureaucratic brickwall on Friday, I haven't been able to sleep much. It's too long to go into here,but Lynda apparently cannot get gov't support of any kind while she takes a few months to get her GED.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a worm on your computer allowing someone to hijack your communication. Or someone in your neighborhood is hijacking your wireless connection. I don't know enough about Windows Live to know how its passwords work. I have Windows Live Mail on here now, but it handles my Rogers email just like normal.
I tried phoning you while I was out on Saturday, but I wasn't able to get an answer on either number.
I am still trying to find out how to get into my hotmail, which also happens to be my only e-mail account. Tanya was trying to help me as well. I have a list of addresses I lived in while trying to "become a human being" after all that crap went down in Cambridge. In the last 10 years I have lived at 7 different addresses. One of the things you need to do is provide the location that you listed when you joined hotmail, for which I have no clue. I am afraid I am going to have to open an new e-mail account and I have no idea how I am going to find all the people on my list when and if I do so. I will keep on trying.
ReplyDeleteIn the meantime I did have another BSOD and have the information for that, whenever you can manage a trip here. I will give you gas money if you need it. As usual I will provide you with some nice black coffee!
Have a good week! I know you are stressed but take a deep breath and remember things always look better in the morning, once you have slept on the problem (remember that saying? you should, you used to say it to me all the time).
Yes, I remember the saying, but... I am going to try to get to the TTC employment office today myself. I heard last weekend there are some customer service jobs posted internally. My contact says if they are not filled in a week or two, they might be publically posted.
ReplyDeleteLynda is going north this morning to have her assessment for the GED program. We have a couple of people looking into support while she goes to school, and here's one of those buts, no one has got back to us yet. She will be back by Friday morning as she has a doctor's appointment Friday PM.
OK, so I put Malwarebytes onto my computer on the advice of my brother-in-law Jack. I ran the scan and came up with 178 infected objects. I was unimpressed with this but my computer is running much better now.
ReplyDeleteI also am finally able to get into my old hotmail account now (had over 300 e-mails to sort when I got in there) but I am going to stay using the new one instead.
I hope things are going well for you two. Keep in touch.
Thanks,
Christine
Hopefully you had a great day on your first day of work!!
ReplyDeleteHello one and all. I have some bad news to report, Lynda did not get the job at Honda. I have some good news, my asshole has been warrantied for another 5 years. I passed my colonoscopy today.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Lynda did not get her Honda job. On the other hand, glad to hear your butt is safe for another five years. Not touching that line any further.
ReplyDeleteI went to the specialist for my knee today, and although the news was not what I was expecting to hear from this man, it is supposedly "good news". There is "nothing" wrong with either my knee or any other part of me. The breaks have all healed and there is nothing, other than arthritis, causing the pain. He has suggested a non-prescription (of course this means I have to pay for it) arthritis rub that is to be used when I am sore. It is 100 gm tube for $15.00, so perhaps it will help Frank as well. If it helps Frank, it will be worth every single penny spent on it.
I came home from the doctor and contacted the lawyer to tell him to proceed with settling this matter so we can get out of trouble financially, get Frank retired and get ourselves moved to Cambridge where we belong.
The withdrawal is going..... today it is not doing badly, but we shall see what tomorrow brings. I think a lot of it is attitude and sunshine. I got up today with a purpose and the sun was shining so I am doing alright. Yesterday, when Frank was working overtime, I spent the whole day in bed watching reruns of Two and a Half Men, to make me laugh. The "depression" is caused by the withdrawal, or that is what the addictions counsellor tells me. I have had three medical people in the last week tell me to go to hospital and admit myself, but I refused to do that. The only meds I am on now are a sort of painkiller called Tramacet, which is equivalent to the Tylenol #3 pills.
Did I tell you that I started going to church and that they are coming at the end of June to paint our apartment for us? This is going be very nice as they are going to use brighter colours and it will make it easier to be living in this dungeon. If we are going to have to be here for any length of time, we might as well live here in comfort!
Keep in touch, I have the feeling it's going to be a long summer!
Hi, I hope things are going well for you and Lynda. You know it's a good week when the bills are all paid and there is still enough left to buy food. Other than that, I went to knee specialist and he says all my bones are healed, nothing is wrong with me anymore and he has no idea why I still feel pain. He suggested an over the counter arthritis rub. I contacted the lawyer and told him to go ahead and start the settling of the law suit. That kind of report will only damage the case, not help it. Life goes on.....
ReplyDeleteOK so the last you heard was the allergic reaction the Celexa and all the grief that caused me. Did I tell you fired Dr. Wong and got a new doctor, and that Frank got the same doctor? Now we can get help, close at hand, in bunches. This group has four doctors plus a psychotherapist, and eight interns, so there is always a doctor available to see you in emergency. The head doctor, who is the one we got, is really good. He agreed that I had a great need to fire Dr. Wong. He also told me that Dr. Wong removed me from the Oxycontin too quickly and that between that and the quitting smoking are the reasons my body rebelled on me. It is a chemical imbalance causing "situational depression". I saw a counsellor yesterday and the psychotherapist today from 2 to four. The clinic is only five minutes from my house and they have free parking.
ReplyDeleteGot an e-mail from Tanya where she opened my eyes to a lot of my faults and I am going to work on those as well. I never realized until I got the e-mail how hard I made her life when she was young. The counsellor and I will be dealing with those issues on the 19th.
Gotta go now and get ready to go to this new doc, but wanted to keep you updated.
P.S. They are teaching me Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which should help me a lot. I finally think I am getting some proper help!!! Talk to you again soon.
Holy crap, I can't even get into my own blog!!!
ReplyDeleteI may have to come up with a new way to communicate, since I cannot sign into this Google blog properly in my browser of choice. What a pain!
Anyway I was going to report there isn't a lot of news here. Lynda's new job in Aurora seems to be working out okay. She's even getting some overtime this afternoon.
I installed Avast antivirus for Frank and your mother a couple of months ago, Tanya. It seems to be working for them.
ReplyDelete